Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!






Joel Landon Tanner was born at 2:38pm on Monday September 10th 2007. He weight's 8lbs 8oz, and is 19 and a half inches long. And boy is he such a CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joel was born really fast. We were over at Paul's sister's house watching our nephew Tanner while my sister in-law and brother in-law cleaned up the apartment they just moved out of (Tanner is crawling that's why we were called in for help). So anyway I felt the need to get up and go to the bathroom well when I got in there it felt like he just kicked the bottom of my uterus and I felt a pop! Well you guessed it my water broke, pretty convenient it breaking while on the toilet. Contractions started shortly after. This happened at 1 pm. We called the hospital and the nurse said to lay down, and I basically said I don't think so. We then called my doctors office and they said go to the hospital. Between 1pm and 1:10pm I had 6 contractions. We got to the hospital and Paul says it made him think of something you see in a movie because when we got in there I was screaming and was very impatient letting the world know how much pain I was in. We get in there and the nurse tried to take me to a prep room and then realized when I stood up that I was not kidding when I said my water broke (I was soaked). They took me immediately took me to a delivery room. They checked me and discovered I was fully ready to go. So by 1:30pm I started pushing and he was here an hour later. So just in case you haven't figured it out I did it all with no drugs (even though I wanted some I was to far along). We are now home and slowly recovering.

3 comments:

Kelly Spence said...

Yeah, it was a good thing you were on the pot when your water broke since you were at MY house. Just kidding. He really is cute.

pattwhy said...

Wow!!! He is so cute! I can't wait to meet him!!!

xoxo
Patty

Peter and Carmie said...

Congratulations on your new family addition! He's quite a chunk - we love big babies! Can't wait to meet him. Love to all,

Peter & Carmie